LIMITED WARRANTY INFORMATION
Subject to the following limitations, terms, and conditions, Velocite BVBA (Velocite, Venn) warrants to the original retail purchaser that each Velocite bicycle component purchased when new is free from defects in material and workmanship.
The original owner shall pay all labor costs connected with the repair or replacement of all parts. The limited warranty does not include the cost of shipment or transportation to or from Venn, or an authorized Venn service location.
Wheels, components and accessories: This warranty expires two (2) years from the date of original purchase of the Venn bicycle component.
When using any Venn product for amateur, or professional racing, the warranty is reduced to one (1) year from the date of purchase.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER AND IS RENDERED VOID IN THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS:
A) All products
- Normal wear-and-tear.
- Any damage, failure or loss caused by accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, failure to follow instructions or warnings in assembly instructions.
- Any damage, failure, or loss caused by use of components for other than road riding or cross country mountain bike riding as indicated in the product descriptions.
- Any damage, failure, or loss caused by the use of components not intended for use with pedal driven vehicles.
- Component failures (cracks, paint scratches, etc.) at the clamping areas. Please ensure that you always use a correctly calibrated torque tool when working on your component.
B) Frame, fork and bicycle specific
- Improper assembly of a bicycle, not excluding the use of improper tools and techniques.
- Any damage resulting from bolt over-tightening and not using a torque wrench and following suggested bolt torque values where indicated.
- Any modification except the following: cutting the ISP to fit the rider’s preference, cutting the fork steerer to fit the rider’s preference. Other modifications will immediately void the product warranty.
- Use of any bicycle with a stem mounted more than 40mm above the head tube.
C) Wheelset and rim specific
- Underinflation, or over inflation of tires, improper installation, or removal of clincher tires, or improper gluing of tubular tires.
- Use of brake pads not approved by Venn
- Heat damage to rims caused by user error (for example but not exclusive to: single side rim plastic deformation, scratches on the braking surface caused by metal, gravel, mud, sand, etc.)
- Brake pads must be returned along with the wheel/rim that is being claimed under warranty
- Lack of regular wheel and hub maintenance.
- Spoke hole cracks due to incorrect spoke tensions.
- All returning products require a Return Merchant Authorization (RMA) issued by Venn prior to being returned. To receive an RMA, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warranty service will be performed by Venn or a Venn authorized service center.
- Proof of purchase must be provided. Transportation to and from Venn or a Venn authorized dealer is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Venn will have the option of either repair, or replacement at no charge for the defective part or component.
- If you elect to repair a defective product yourself, or use the services of someone other than a Venn authorized dealer, or if you use a replacement part not supplied by Venn, Venn will not be liable for any damage, failure, or loss caused by the use of such unauthorized service, or parts.
Proof of purchase from our online shop is required for any limited warranty replacement or repair.
Warranties are factory backed. In the event of the original contracted manufacturer going out of business Venn reserves the right to offer analogue parts wherever practical, or if analogue parts are not obtainable to void the warranty due to force majeure.